Saturday, January 15, 2011

My First Entry

Well this is my first blog entry and I hope to keep it short and sweet. My name is Robert Hogan and i was born and raised in Houston Texas. I lived there my entire life and i truly enjoyed my little suburbia. However, moving to San Antonio really wasn't that a huge change for my surprisingly. During the summer I got used to relying on myself for a lot of things, so the only huge change was having to do my own laundry. That was an ordeal I have to say. Knowing what color clothes to put in with one another is truly mind-boggling and the cycle options! I have absolutely no idea sometimes, and I always end up hoping that I don't end up with all of my socks being pink.
My favorite past time is definitely watching movies. I love nearly every kind of movie, from historical documentaries to fool-hardy action flicks, i truly do love a good cinematic adventure. Movies aren't my only form of entertainment, as I do love music as well, but my tastes are queer. I think that may be because I listen to music depending on my moods or whatever it is that I'm doing.For instance, lately I've been listening to a ridiculous amount of Michael Buble, but less than a week ago I listened to nothing but The Mountain Goats. I know that change is a bit drastic, but I do like a bit of variety. I also read quite a bit. I tend to read fantasy novels like Brandon Sanderson's Elantris, or George RR Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire series, but i do diversify with a bit of Science Fiction like Isaac Asimov's I, Robot, which apart from the three laws, had absolutely nothing in common with the Will Smith movie adaptation. I'm really having trouble trying to trim down the list here, but I think i absolutely have to include Ray Bradbury's Illustrated Man, just because of how much i enjoyed his style.
Well I think that just about sums me up in a nutshell. I dont know how to end this so... bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment